Zucchini Bread Pancakes
It is that time of year when we are harvesting fruit and veggies from our trees and gardens-zucchini seems to be one of those plants that seem to give and give and give. Other than grilling them (which is my favorite) these pancakes have become a family favorite! These pancakes are fluffy and light and beautiful with all of those green flecks. A perfect way to use some of those fresh summer veggies!
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (white wheat preferably)
1/2 tso salt
4 tsp baking powder
2 TBSP granulated sugar
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 to 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
3 TBSP melted butter
1 1/2 cups grated zucchini (1 medium zucchini)
I serve with butter and real maple syrup! YUMM
Recipe makes approx. 10 4 inch pancakes.
- Preheat griddle to 350. You will want to use butter or gooking spray on the griddle.
- Whisk all dry ingredients together.
- Add all wet ingredients at once (buttermilk, butter, egg and zucchini) and whisk together just until combined. Do not over mix pancake batter if you want them to be light and fluffy;)
- Cook on preheated, greased griddle and flip when bubbles form on top of pancakes.
- Serve hot with all your favorite toppings.